2009 Drama Rated PG-13 133 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 11, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||May 18, 2010|
The film tells the inspiring true story of how Nelson Mandela joined forces with the captain of South Africa's rugby team to help unite their country. Newly elected President Mandela knows his nation remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. Believing he can bring his people together through the universal language of sport, Mandela rallies South Africa's underdog rugby team as they make an unlikely run to the 1995 World Cup Championship match.
Rated PG-13 for brief strong language.
Box office gross: $37.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Top movies, people and news on our site in 2010
- 'Hurt Locker' is the feel-good winner at this year's Oscars
- 'Avatar', 'Hurt Locker' lead this year's Oscar nominations
- 'Hangover' vs. 'Up' for Best Picture, what are the odds?
- A lazy look at the winners of the 2010 Golden Globe Awards
- 'Up in the Air,' 'Nine' lead this year's Golden Globe nominations