2009 Science Fiction/Action Rated PG-13 162 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 18, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||April 22, 2010|
|On DVD||April 22, 2010|
In the epic action adventure Avatar, James Cameron, the director of Titanic, takes us to a spectacular new world beyond imagination. On the distant moon Pandora, a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization.
The film was first conceived by Cameron 14 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not yet exist. Now, after four years of actual production work, Avatar delivers a fully immersible cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story.
Rated PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking.
Box office gross: $760.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Fox. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Hunter's Prayer' is familiar but forgettable
- Monday Mixer: Is 'The Abyss' finally coming to Blu-ray?
- More landmarks blow up in new 'Independence Day Resurgence' trailer
- Monday Mixer: Rest in Peace David Bowie
- Monday Mixer: Happy New Year, it's Oscar time
- Monday Mixer: 'Deadpool' gets even filthier in new red-band trailer