2013 Comedy/Adventure Rated R 111 Minutes
|In Theaters||February 8, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 4, 2013|
|On DVD||June 4, 2013|
Horrible Bosses' Jason Bateman and Bridesmaids' Melissa McCarthy lead the cast of Identity Thief, an all-star comedy in which a regular guy is forced to extreme measures to clear his name. With everything to lose after his identity is stolen, he'll find out how crazed you can get trying to settle a bad credit score.
Unlimited funds have allowed Diana (McCarthy) to live it up on the outskirts of Miami, where the queen of retail buys whatever strikes her fancy. There's only one glitch: The ID she's using to finance these sprees reads "Sandy Bigelow Patterson"... and it belongs to an accounts rep (Bateman) who lives halfway across the U.S.
With only one week to hunt down the con artist before his world implodes, the real Sandy Bigelow Patterson heads south to confront the woman with an all-access pass to his life. And as he attempts to bribe, coax and wrangle her the 2,000 miles to Denver, one easy target will discover just how tough it is to get your name back.
Rated R for sexual content and language.
Box office gross: $134.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Universal. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Masterminds' trailer is funny, based on a true story
- Monday Morning Mixer: Transformers still top dino
- Making-of video shows how 'Identity Thief' could've been different
- Monday Morning Mixer: Return to 'Oz' is profitable
- Monday Morning Mixer: Yippee Ki-yay indeed
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Identity Thief' robs box office blind