2013 Science Fiction/Suspense/Drama Rated PG-13 91 Minutes
|In Theaters||October 4, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||February 25, 2014|
|On DVD||February 25, 2014|
Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone--tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth...and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
Rated PG-13 for intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language.
Box office gross: $274.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Your heart will race while watching 'Outback'
- Monday Mixer: Critics & audiences both pan 'Pan'
- Monday Mixer: Disney cartoons mashed up with 'Force Awakens'
- Monday Mixer: E3 'Star Wars' videos and a young Padawan is arrested
- 'The Martian' trailer will make your heart grow three sizes
- The history of film in 222 heartbeats