2007 Comedy Rated R 96 Minutes
|December 21, 2007
|On 4K UHD
America loves Cox! But behind the music is the up-and-down-and-up-again story of a musician whose songs would change a nation. On his rock 'n roll spiral, Cox sleeps with 411 women, marries three times, has 22 kids and 14 stepkids, stars in his own 70s TV show, collects friends ranging from Elvis to the Beatles to a chimp, and gets addicted to -- and then kicks -- every drug known to man... but despite it all, Cox grows into a national icon and eventually earns the love of a good woman -- longtime backup singer Darlene (Jenna Fischer).
Rated R for sexual content, graphic nudity, drug use and language.
Box office gross: $17.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Popstar' red-band trailer has arrived, is it good?
- Best movies of 2014 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Ten actors that we want to save from the dreaded 'type cast'
- Blu-ray goes Live with 'Cox'
- 'Dewey Cox' books DVD tour for April 8th
- Golden Globe winners announced at press conference-like setting