2012 Action/Adventure Rated PG-13 136 Minutes
|In Theaters||July 3, 2012|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||August 21, 2012|
|On DVD||November 9, 2012|
The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Stone), and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents’ disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father’s former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors’ alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
Rated PG-13 for sequences of action and violence.
Box office gross: $262.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: No objections here, 'Hacksaw Ridge' delivers on 4K UHD
- First 'Fantastic Four' teaser trailer goes dark
- Superman shills for phones and razors
- Project 52: 'The Amazing Spider-Man'
- For 2013, 'Fire' will burn all comers at the box office
- 'Daredevil' reboot officially dead, rights revert back to Marvel