2005 Comedy/Family Rated PG 80 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 27, 2005|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||September 23, 2008|
|On DVD||November 15, 2005|
When an escape attempt from the Central Park Zoo fails, a lion, hippo, giraffe and zebra find that they are being shipped back to Africa. Scheming penguins highjack the ship with the intent of taking it to Antartica and cause the crates of the four zoo animals to go overboard.
Eventually, the animals are marooned on the beach of Madagascar where they find out quickly that after spending their whole lives relying on humans to survive, they are not quite ready to take care of themselves.
Rated PG for mild language, crude humor and some thematic elements.
Box office gross: $193.2 million. View box office history.
Released by DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Universal debuts spectacular multi-film collections
- Review: 'The Wild Life' is anything but
- Monday Mixer: Let it go, 'Frozen' sequel is happening?
- Best movies of 2010 that you don't know about yet: Tim's list
- Our predictions for 2008's biggest box office movies
- A 'dozen' movies that could surprise