1999 Comedy/Adventure Rated R 128 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 12, 1999|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
In this hilarious comic fantasy from writer/director Kevin Smith, two banished angels (Damon and Affleck) find a loophole that would get them back into heaven. The only snag? They'll be destroying existence in the process. In an effort to stop them, the overworked voice of God (Rickman), taps cynical mortal Bethany (Fiorentino), to save the world by preventing the angels from reaching their unholy destination, New Jersey.Throw in two unlikely prophets (Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith),the quick-witted, yet little-known thirteenth apostle (Rock) and a sexy, former muse with a case of writer's block (Hayek) and you've got an hysterical and thrilling race against time.
Rated R for strong language including sex-related dialogue, violence, crude humor and some drug content.
Box office gross: $30.6 million.
Released by Lionsgate. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Vestron gets into the holiday spirit with 'Silent Night' collection
- Review: 'Earth Girls Are Easy' is latest Vestron home-run
- Review: Bella Thorne finds religion and drugs in 'Habit'
- Review: 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' beautifully resurrects the View Askewniverse
- Monday Mixer: 'Ride Along 2' is now a trivia answer
- We look back and rank the first two decades of Kevin Smith's films