1980 Science Fiction/Fantasy Rated PG 124 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 21, 1980|
|On 4K UHD||March 31, 2020|
|On Blu-ray||November 10, 2015|
|On DVD||September 12, 2006|
After the destruction of the Death Star, Imperial forces continue to pursue the Rebels. After the Rebellion's defeat on the ice planet Hoth, Luke journeys to the planet Dagobah to train with Jedi Master Yoda, who has lived in hiding since the fall of the Republic. In an attempt to convert Luke to the dark side, Darth Vader lures young Skywalker into a trap in the Cloud City of Bespin. In the midst of a fierce lightsaber duel with the Sith Lord, Luke faces the startling revelation that the evil Vader is in fact his father, Anakin Skywalker.
Box office gross: $290.2 million.
Released by 20th Century Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Spanish Princess' regales in Tudor splendor
- Review: 'Another Wolfcop' is the sequel we need right now
- New 'Last Jedi' trailer feels familiar
- The first 'The Last Jedi' trailer offers some clues
- Review: 'Rogue One' is the 'Star Wars' prequel we all deserved
- Review: 'Freemaker Adventures' takes 'Star Wars' to a new level