1980 Science Fiction/Fantasy Rated PG 124 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 21, 1980|
|On 4K UHD||March 31, 2020|
|On Blu-ray||November 10, 2015|
|On DVD||September 12, 2006|
The sequel to Star Wars chronicles the further adventures of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo in their battle against the dark side of the Force. The film introduces Yoda, a Jedi master, to the cause and is probably best remembered for the moment when Luke learns the true identity of his father.
Box office gross: $290.2 million.
Released by 20th Century Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Peninsula' broadens the 'Train to Busan' universe
- Review: 'The Spanish Princess' regales in Tudor splendor
- Review: 'Another Wolfcop' is the sequel we need right now
- New 'Last Jedi' trailer feels familiar
- The first 'The Last Jedi' trailer offers some clues
- Review: 'Rogue One' is the 'Star Wars' prequel we all deserved