2011 War/Drama Rated PG-13 146 Minutes
|December 25, 2011
|On 4K UHD
|April 3, 2012
|April 3, 2012
DreamWorks Pictures' "War Horse," director Steven Spielberg's epic adventure, is a tale of loyalty, hope and tenacity set against a sweeping canvas of rural England and Europe during the First World War. "War Horse" begins with the remarkable friendship between a horse named Joey and a young man called Albert, who tames and trains him. When they are forcefully parted, the film follows the extraordinary journey of the horse as he moves through the war, changing and inspiring the lives of all those he meets-British cavalry, German soldiers, and a French farmer and his granddaughter-before the story reaches its emotional climax in the heart of No Man's Land.
The First World War is experienced through the journey of this horse-an odyssey of joy and sorrow, passionate friendship and high adventure. "War Horse" is one of the great stories of friendship and war- a successful book, it was turned into a hugely successful international theatrical hit that is currently on Broadway. It now comes to screen in an epic adaptation by one of the great directors in film history.
DreamWorks Pictures' "War Horse," director Steven Spielberg's epic adventure, is a tale of loyalty, hope and tenacity set against a sweeping canvas of rural England and Europe during the First World War.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of war violence.
Box office gross: $79.8 million. View box office history.
Released by DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- 'The Artist' is top dog at the Golden Globes
- Golden Globes heap nominations on movies that have two-word titles starting with 'The'
- The AFI picks its best of 2011 and singles out 'The Artist' for no good reason
- We grill the experts at AwardsCircuit.com for Oscar answers