2010 Comedy/Drama Rated PG 80 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 25, 2010|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
From the Director of the Oscar®-nominated classic The Triplets of Belleville, THE ILLUSIONIST is a story about two paths that cross. While touring concert halls, theaters and pubs, an aging, down-on-his-luck magician encounters a young girl at the start of her life’s journey. Alice is a teenage girl with all her capacity for childish wonder still intact. She plays at being a woman without realizing the day to stop pretending is fast approaching. She doesn’t know yet that she loves The Illusionist like she would a father; he already knows that he loves her as he would a daughter. Their destinies will collide, but nothing – not even magic or the power of illusion– can stop the voyage of discovery.
Rated PG for thematic elements and smoking.
Box office gross: $2.1 million. View box office history.
Presented in English/French.
Released by Sony Pictures Classics. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'The King's Speech' and 'Inception' are the big Oscar winners
- 'The King's Speech' leads this year's Oscar nominations with 12
- Golden Globes like 'The Social Network' and 'Glee' but Ricky Gervais is the real story
- Golden Globes hail 'King' and Depp among their nominations
- 'Black Swan' leads the Critics' Choice Movie Award nominations
- Finalists announced for next year's animation Oscar race