2011 Action/Adventure/Crime Rated PG-13 129 Minutes
|December 16, 2011
|On 4K UHD
|June 12, 2012
|June 12, 2012
Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) has always been the smartest man in the room...until now. There is a new criminal mastermind at large-Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris)-and not only is he Holmes' intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil, coupled with a complete lack of conscience, may actually give him an advantage over the renowned detective.
When the Crown Prince of Austria is found dead, the evidence, as construed by Inspector Lestrade (Eddie Marsan), points to suicide. But Sherlock Holmes deduces that the prince has been the victim of murder-a murder that is only one piece of a larger and much more portentous puzzle, designed by Professor Moriarty. The cunning Moriarty is always one step ahead of Holmes as he spins a web of death and destruction-all part of a greater plan that, if he succeeds, will change the course of history.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and some drug material.
Box office gross: $186.8 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Final 'Sherlock Holmes' poster is dark and mysterious
- The game is afoot in new 'Sherlock Holmes' trailer
- Warner Bros. releases images from Winter slate of films
- Sherlock Holmes goes drag for 'A Game of Shadows'
- A look back at the first half of 2011 at the box office
- Ten surefire A-listers by 2015, plus one wild card