2011 Comedy/Science Fiction Rated R 104 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 18, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||August 9, 2011|
|On DVD||August 9, 2011|
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America’s UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever. For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. For reasons unknown, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town—a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Pegg) and Clive Gollings (Frost). Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship. And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes.
Rated R for language including sexual references, and some drug use.
Box office gross: $37.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Universal. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Funnymen Simon Pegg and Nick Frost take on C-3PO and R2-D2
- Red band trailer for 'Paul' is out of this world
- Best movies of 2011 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- 'Paul' teases us with first look at alien on the run
- Greg Mottola's super comedy in the making: 'Paul'
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost to help 'Paul' phone home?